Kanban for Agile Teams Workshop
In this workshop, participants will get an overview about Kanban and how to use it for managing flow of requests in software development or maintenance projects. In addition, participants will be able to compare Kanban, which is a flow-based management method, to iteration-based agile methods like Scrum, and when it’s recommended to use each one of them.
Participants will also go through many case studies, group activities and discussions, and will exercise managing a simulated project using Kanban.
Who Should Attend
Persons who are involved in managing software teams, communicating with customers, planning and staffing teams, managing throughput, etc. will find it very much valuable to attend this training.
- Software team leaders
- Project managers
- Project leaders
- Customer support engineers
- Product owners
- Scrum masters
- There are no prerequisites for this workshop
- Overview of Lean concepts
- Kanban for software development
- Visualizing the workflow
- Limiting Work-in-progress (WIP)
- Continuous measurements and improvement
- Explicit policies like (Done Definition, Ready Definition, WIP Limits, etc.)
- Project simulation using Kanban techniques, like kanban boards, run-charts, and Cumulative-flow diagrams
- The effect of increasing WIP over team capacity
- Kanban vs. Scrum